Monday, November 23, 2009

A Conversation Without Words


This morning I was awakened with a gentle stroke of a finger against my cheek. As I stirred, reluctant to leave behind my dreamy slumber, that errant finger again tickled my cheek. I opened my foggy eyes intent on ridding myself of the pesky intruder, until I saw him smiling at me. His soft brown eyes twinkled and silently said “hello my sweet, I didn’t want to leave without saying goodbye.”

I smiled in return, lowering my eyes, knowing my face was flushed, my hair tousled and my breath rank. Nonetheless, my heart couldn’t help its pitter patter beat of joy from waking to that smiling face. Although he was already dressed, he lay on the bed and molded his body to mine, wrapping his arms around me. I rested my head on his shoulder and his arms tightened around me as if to say, “I wish I could stay here and cuddle with you all day.” I felt him bury his face in my neck and inhale the scent of my body. The slight grumble of contentment from the base of his throat said, “sweet nectar just for me, I love how delicious you are.”

Moments later with a quiet sigh, he reluctantly released me and straightened out his clothes. I rolled over to look at him and suddenly he swooped in and kissed me gently on my lips, again and again. His kisses said, “I love you and cherish you my sweet. A little kiss to remember until I return.”

Feeling my heart swell with warmth, I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck. They told him “I love you. I don’t ever want to let go. Ever.” But, I knew he had to leave. Reading the pout tugging at my lower lip, he chuckled and kissed me once more, leaving me breathless and panting as desire threatened to overcome me.

Moments later, with one last smile, a stroke of my cheek, and a kiss on the forehead, he was gone.

I glanced at the clock and decided I had a few moments to spare. So I burrowed deeper into the cozy warmth of my downy comforter, my heart swollen and full of emotion. I was most content, and happiness had never felt this good. Soon the irresistible pull of sleep began tugging at my eyes again and I didn’t hesitate to answer its call. Sweet dreams took me over, as I replayed our quiet conversation again in my mind.

Not one word was spoken, yet the loving exchange couldn't have been more complete.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that was such a lovely post. I love those moments when it's all about the looks and the gentle caresses. You shared it with us so well, so gently.
    Swati

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was beautifully written, Vivianne. Soft, loving, and so very real. Love your style. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I am so happy that you have somebody to love and nurture you. Your words fill me with emotion and I find myself wanting more!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme